Why was SIAQ created?

I (Pearl) have been dabling in arts & crafts for as long as I can recall, and more recently I've been spending my time learning and perfecting the art of glass bead making and glass fusing & cold-working. I've sold my pieces through the markets and through shops on consignment and as well as though online websites.

What I discovered from my different selling avenues was that: -
1. with the markets, I had to pay a fee, set up my table/shade/products, be there myself to sell them, and then have to take it all down again that day and do it all over again the following week or month!
2. at a shop, there was no guarantee that the shop would actively sell my pieces for me as they would concentrate more on their stock before mine; and
3. through online websites, I was only reaching audiences who were comfortable with online shopping.

So, I thought, wouldn't it be great if: -
1. there was a place in a main-stream way that could provide an avenue for individuals to display and sell their self-created products; and
2. to know that without having to be there, their products would be actively promoted and sold on their behalf!?

Hence, SIAQ was created!